Downtown Aultsville East to West

Downtown Aultsville East to West   |   N 44.57.15 W 75.01.42   |   Aultsville, Ontario, Canada




Aultsville, Ontario at the now underwater intersection of King’s Hwy No. 2 and Aultsville Road. King’s Hwy No. 2 was the original highway between Toronto and Montreal. Aultsville Road runs from the highway across a bridge – still visible – over what was once a creek. The outline of businesses and homes can be seen along both roads. Originally established in 1787 by five disbanded soldiers from the King’s Royal Regiment Loyalist, the village was named after Samuel Ault, a descendant of one of the original five, who sat in Canada’s first parliament in 1867. In the modern era Aultsville was a port town with regular ferry service to Louisville Landing, NY. With 400 residents it was one of the larger communities inundated by the Seaway.


Downtown Aultsville East to West

Downtown Aultsville East to West   |   N 44.57.15 W 75.01.42   |   Aultsville, Ontario, Canada




Aultsville, Ontario at the now underwater intersection of King’s Hwy No. 2 and Aultsville Road. King’s Hwy No. 2 was the original highway between Toronto and Montreal. Aultsville Road runs from the highway across a bridge – still visible – over what was once a creek. The outline of businesses and homes can be seen along both roads. Originally established in 1787 by five disbanded soldiers from the King’s Royal Regiment Loyalist, the village was named after Samuel Ault, a descendant of one of the original five, who sat in Canada’s first parliament in 1867. In the modern era Aultsville was a port town with regular ferry service to Louisville Landing, NY. With 400 residents it was one of the larger communities inundated by the Seaway.