N 44.50.32 W 75.18.25
Iroquois, Ontario, Canada
The old and new locks of the Galop Canal, initially built in 1845 and then expanded and rebuilt in 1897 when at 800 feet in length they became the longest locks in Canada. This set of locks were replaced by Lock 7 of the St Lawrence Seaway. Iroquois itself was moved 1 mile to the north from its previous location adjacent to the River and the Galop Canal.