The intersection of King’s Hwy No. 2 and Aultsville Road, downtown Aultsville, Ontario. The outline of businesses and homes can clearly be seen along both sides of both roads. Originally established in 1787 by five disbanded soldiers from the King’s Royal Regiment Loyalist the village was named after Samuel Ault, himself a descendant of one of the original five, who sat in Canada’s first parliament in 1867. About 400 residents were displaced when the St Lawrence Seaway was flooded.