N 45.01.51 W 74.51.59
Moulinette, Ontario, Canada
The remains of the Snetsinger dairy barn on the outskirts of Moulinette, Ontario. The octagonal structure was the base of a silo and the structure on the right was used to store milk cans ready for pick up. Originally settled by Loyalists in the 1780s, Moulinette took root with the establishment of the area’s first grist mill powered by a dam built between the mainland and Sheeks Island in about 1810. In the 1950s it was a tourist town; most of its 300 plus residents moved to Long Sault with the construction of the Seaway.